Occupational Health and Safety Policy
As a joint venture, between two major international companies who operate around the globe across diverse countries, the management of PZ Wilmar is committed to the provision of safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health to our employees and partners involved with the company along the value chain, and by continual improvement of its food manufacturing practices.
To achieve a safe and healthy working environment, PZ Wilmar is committed to the following:
- Compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, internal PZ Cussons and Wilmar standards (and safety policies) and other international standards;
- Establishment and implementation of programmes to prevent work-related injury and ill-health;
- Systematic identification and control of workplace hazards including reduction of OH&S risks and the integration of safety and health in the evaluation of all process and product development activities;
- Consultation and participation of workers in OH&S related activities and where applicable workers’
- Clear communication to all stakeholders as appropriate supported by relevant training and awareness programmes to ensure they are aware of their roles and responsibilities;
- Continual improvement of the OH&S management system/safety and health performance with the lasting objective to develop a “zero accident” culture for all employees, contractors and other interested
Objectives and targets are defined, translated into action plans and reviewed annually to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of our SHE Management System.
This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the organisation.
The Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director have overall responsibility for Occupational Health and Safety, and ensures its implementation with the team that manage the Supply Chain function.\\\\
Environment Policy Statement
PZ WILMAR Ltd, a leading manufacturer of environmentally friendly foods is committed to protection of her environment, prevention of pollution throughout its products life cycle, and continual improvement of its Environmental Management System.
To achieve these environmental commitments, PZ Wilmar Management ensures:
a. Effective implementation of sustainable Environmental Management System (EMS) initiatives needed to manage the overall Company’s environmental responsibilities and performance which ensures protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and commitment(s) to all Federal, State and Local Government Authorities’ requirements relevant to the context of PZ Wilmar and to the needs and expectations of its interested parties.
b. Continual improvement of the Company’s environmental performance through effective management of its environmental aspects and impacts with specific commitment to efficient use of resource such as energy, water, raw materials/natural resources and effective waste management with the intention of integration of sound environmental practices in all our business processes.
c. Fulfillment of applicable compliance obligations such as environmental laws, regulations and standards applicable to our products, services and operations at the local, state and federal levels.
PZ Wilmar’s Environmental policy is sustained through:
- Maintenance of the Company’s environmental policy as documented information.
- Continuous updating and analysis of the Company’s environmental aspects, impacts and performance taking into consideration the lifecycle perspective of our products and services.
- Effective communication of relevant environmental obligations and monitoring activities of employees, external providers (suppliers/contractors) and other interested parties working for and on behalf of the Company in prevention, source reduction, reuse, recycle, recovery and waste treatment and control of pollution in all work areas.
- Setting and reviewing relevant action plans needed to achieve set environmental objectives and targets which are consistent with the Environmental Policy, other related business goals and the overall EMS intended outcomes of the Company.
- Making available the Company’s environmental policy to interested parties (visitors, suppliers, contractors, etc.) through suitable means such as display at strategic locations, during induction/ trainings, meetings, use of emails in soft copy and hard copy distribution with the intent of making them aware of and comply with the Company’s commitment to sound environmentally friendly operations.
Food Safety & Quality Policy
PZ Wilmar (a joint venture between PZ Cussons International, UK and Wilmar International, Singapore) as a business has a mission to provide nutritious and tasty meal at great value to every household in Nigeria. We recognize the value and the central role that Food Safety & Quality play in achieving this.
Therefore, we are committed to producing safe, high quality, tasty and nutritious products that meet or exceed the expectations of our consumers & customers while continually working to retain their trust in us. In implementing this policy, PZ Wilmar will:
- Comply with all applicable local Food Safety & Quality (FS&Q) requirements including statutory, regulatory, industry and other food safety requirements to which we subscribe;
- Establish , implement, maintain and continually improve a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) in our operations which conforms to the requirements of FSSC 22000 ( ISO 22000: 2018, ISO /TS 22002-1:2009 and relevant additional requirements) , our internal programs and Food Safety requirements of customers as mutually agreed;
- Consider and address appropriate internal & external issues that can affect the implementation and effectiveness of the FSMS;
- Make and promote necessary FS&Q related communications internally and with external parties that have an impact on, or are affected by our Food Safety Management System;
- Periodically review this Policy to ensure that it remains applicable to our business;
- Set and review annual measurable FS&Q objectives for our operations to ensure compliance with necessary Food Safety & Quality standards while promoting a continual improvement culture;
- Provide resources, direction, and support at all work levels, and ensure employees have requisite competencies to do their work in order to achieve the FS & Q objectives of the business.
Dated: December 2020